Corporate Social Responsibility is a priority topic for a business school whose aim is to prepare the management executives of today and tomorrow. The Center of Excellence – CSR was created in 2016 with the aim to explore how companies in India address this sensitive issue as we see this to be a growing area of importance in India. The Center of Excellence – CSR is an active promoter of the CSR culture among students and practitioners contributing to organize CSR internships for IMB students, guest lectures and conferences. It is to be noted that in India as per the Companies Act 2013, the Indian government has introduced a mandatory CSR Regulation for all companies above a certain size and based on profitability. India is, therefore, the first country in the world where committing and implementing CSR program by listed companies is compulsory.
- Generate a social awareness among students, so that, as management practitioners, they are aware about the developmental needs of India.
- Create a comprehensive record of the annual internships undertaken and the learnings through field activity.
- Undertake Research Projects which are related to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) sector in India.
- Publish articles and research papers on various topics.
- Encourage & Mentor students participating in CSR & Sustainability Competitions.