Prof. Vincenzo Capizzi
SDA Professor of Banking and Insurance
Degree in Business Administration at Bocconi University, Milan, Italy, 1994
Ph.D. in Business Administration, Specialization Corporate Finance, Bocconi University, Milan, Italy, 1999
Vincenzo Capizzi, ITA, SDA Professor in Banking and Insurance Department at SDA Bocconi, Faculty Member of the Master Executive MBA, Past Director of the Executive Master in Corporate Finance & Banking; Full Professor of Banking and Finance, Eastern Piedmont State University. His areas of expertise include banking and corporate finance, with particular focus on M&A deals, corporate turnaround,, leveraged acquisitions, venture capital e start-up financing, corporate valuation e investment banking.
He coordinated numerous workshops, seminars and research projects in Italy, South America and Asia with Unicredit, IntesaSanpaolo, UBI Banca, Centrobanca, BNL, Banca Sella, Banca Esperia, BPER, Finlombarda, PWC, Iveco, Winkor-Nixdorf and many others.
Author of many books, articles and research papers, among the others: “The cost of capital and the international competitiveness of Italian companies”, Egea; “Determinants and effects of Venture Capital and private Equity Investments on italian SMEs”, Palgrave MacMillan; “Investment banking services: ownership structures, financial advisory and corporate governance models”, International Journal of Business Administration-
- Corporate Finance: risk-return analysis of investment projects; stock returns forecasting; corporate finance and investment banking operations (MBO/LBO, M&A, IPOs, merchant banking, project finance); investment banks’ advisory activity; firm-bank relationships.
- Venture capital, business angels and start-up financing.
- Financial Institutions Economics: performance and efficiency measurement of banks, leasing companies and other financial intermediaries; analysis of closed-end funds’ activity.
- Distressed firms, turnaround and debt restructuring procedures
Books and Monographs
- “Determinants and Effects of Venture Capital and Private Equity Investments on Italian SMEs: Evidence from Italian Puzzle”, (with. R. Giovannini, V. Pesic), in F. Fiordelisi, P. Molyneux, D. Previati (eds.), New Issues in Financial and Credit Markets , Palgrave MacMillan, Basingstoke, UK, 2010
- “Leveraged acquisitions: technical and financial features”, in Caselli S., Gatti S., (eds.), Structured Finance. Techniques, Products and Market, Springer-Verlag, Berlin-Heidelberg, New York, 2005
Articles on international journals
- “The returns of business angels’ investments and their major determinants”, Venture Capital: an international journal of entrepreneurial finance, Vol. 17, No. 1, SSN 1369-1066, Aug 2015
- “The role of Investment Banking in M&A Operations: Empiric Pre and Post Lehman Evidence”” (with Giovannini R.), International Finance and Banking, Vol. 1, No. 2, December, 2014
- “Linear and nonlinear determinants of the performance of informal venture capitalists’ investments. An empirical analysis”, Journal of Governance and Regulation, Special Conference Issue, April, 2013
- “In search for the Determinants of Share Repurchases Policies in the Italian Equity Capital Market: an Event Study” (with Giovannini R.), Corporate Board Journal, Vol. 7, 2011
- “Does Corporate Governance really matters for firm performance? Evidence from Italian IPOs market”, (with Giovannini R., Pesic V.), Journal of Corporate Ownership and Control, vol. 9, 2011
- “The Role of Venture Capital and Private Equity for Innovation and Development of SMEs: Evidence from Italian Puzzle”, (with Giovannini R., Pesic V.), Journal of Applied Finance and Banking, vol. 1, no. 3, 2011
- “What Drives the Returns of Business Angels’ Investments? An Empirical Analysis of the Italian Informal Venture Capital Market”, International Journal on GSTF Business Review, vol. 1, no. 2, October, 2011
- “Investment banking services: ownership structures, financial advisory and corporate governance models” (with G.M. Chiesi, R. Giovannini), International Journal of Business Administration, Vol. 1, November, 2010 (forthcoming)
- “Secondary Buyouts, Private Equity and Firms’ Corporate Governance”, (with R. Giovannini, V. Pesic), Journal of Corporate Ownership and Control, vol. 6, 2009
- “Testing Share Repurchases Hypotheses: a Conditional Study”, (with S. Bonini, M. Lombardi, R. Mazzei), Journal of Corporate Ownership and Control, vol. 5, 2008
Other Relevant Information
For any additional information please visit http://www.sdabocconi.it/en/faculty/capizzi-vincenzo