Prof. Thanos Papadimitriou
SDA Bocconi Professor of Operations and Technology Management
BSc, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), 1992
MS, Computer Science, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), 1993
Ph.D. in Management, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), 2004
Thanos Papadimitriou is an SDA Professor at the Operations and Technology Management Unit of SDA Bocconi and an Adjunct Faculty at London Business School. He specializes in Technology Management and Entrepreneurship. He earned his BSc from MIT in Computer Science and MS in Computer Science and PhD in Management from UCLA, the later with support of an Onassis scholarship, and he has published articles in the areas of data inventory management, social media, supply chain counterfeiting, and other related topics.
He is also Adjunct Faculty at London Business School and Visiting Professor at ALBA,Greece and Chulalongkorn University, Thailand. In addition to his academic credentials, Professor Papadimitriou has 20 years of full-time and part-time Technology Management work experience initially as a consultant with Cambridge Technology Partners and later having co-founded or advised more than half a dozen companies in the US and Europe including AlphaDetail, LingoSpot, and M2C Media. He has two successful exits under his belt and is the Managing Director of business incubator mBriyo.
- Innovation Management
- Information Systems
- Athanassios (Thanos) Papadimitriou: Efficient Data Inventory Management, University of California, Los Angeles, 2004.
- Spyros Kalomitsines, Thanos Papadimitriou: Computers. “Easy lessons for everybody”, (revised), ISBN 960-306-003. Compupress (Anubis), Athens, Greece, 1991.
- Spyros Kalomitsines, Thanos Papadimitriou: Computers. “Easy lessons for everybody”, vol. II. Compupress, Athens, Greece, 1989.
- Spyros Kalomitsines, Thanos Papadimitriou: Computers. “Easy lessons for everybody”, vol. I. Compupress, Athens, Greece, 1988.
- Iolanda D’Amato and Thanos Papadimitriou: Legitimate vs. Illegitimate: The Luxury Supply Chain and its Doppelganger. International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, Vol. 41 Issues 11/12, pp. 986 – 1007.
- Alberto Marcuzzo and Thanos Papadimitriou: Still in Fashion?: A Study on Facebook Usage. International Journal of Virtual Communities and Social Networking, Vol 5 Issue 1, pp. 42 – 61.
- Alberto Grando, Valeria Belvedere, and Thanos Papadimitriou: The Responsiveness of Italian Small-to-Medium Sized Plants and Determinants. International Journal of Production Research. Volume 48, Issue 21, January 2010, pp. 6481-6498.
- Brett Martin and Thanos Papadimitriou: Are You the Bottleneck of Your Organization? Harvard Business Publishing On-Line, 12/2009.
Refereed Conference Papers
- Iolanda D’Amato, Valeria Belvedere, and Thanos Papadimitriou: Measuring and Responding to Counterfeiting in the Fashion and Luxury Business: Evidence from a Survey. Upcoming – 18th International Working Seminar on Production Economics. Innsbruck February 24 – 28, 2014.
- Iolanda D’Amato and Thanos Papadimitriou: Legitimate vs. Illegitimate: The Fashion Supply Chain and its Doppelganger. Second International Workshop on Luxury Retail, Operations and Supply Chain Management. Milan, November 18 – 19, 2012.
- Iolanda D’Amato, Thanos Papadimitriou, and Enzo Baglieri. The Anti-Counterfeiting Potential of RFID Technologies in the Fashion Supply Chain. Pre-Prints of 17th International Working Seminar on Production Economics. Innsbruck February 20 – 24, 2012.
- Luigi Fattore and Thanos Papadimitriou: “Optimal Rebalancing Times”. EURO Working Group on Financial Modeling Meeting, Brescia, 2005.
- Andrey Balmin, Thanos Papadimitriou, Yannis Papakonstantinou: “Hypothetical Queries in an OLAP Environment”. VLDB 2000: 220-231.
- Andrey Balmin, Yannis Papakonstantinou, Thanos Papadimitriou: “Optimization of Hypothetical Queries in an OLAP Environment”. ICDE 2000: 311.
Other Relevant Information
For any additional information please visit http://www.sdabocconi.it/en/faculty/papadimitriou-thanos