Prof. Marco Sampietro
SDA Professor of Organization and Human Resources Management
Course coordinator, Project Management nei Sistemi Informativi
Official faculty member MBA, GEMBA, EMBAS, MISA
Degree, Insubria University, 2000
PhD, Bremen University, Germany
Marco Sampietro obtained a Ph.D. at the University of Bremen, Germany. Since 2000 he has been a professor at SDA Bocconi School of Management, Milan, Italy. SDA Bocconi School of Management is ranked among the top Business Schools in the world (Financial Times, Forbes, Bloomberg, and The Economist rankings). He is a Core Faculty Member at SDA Bocconi School of Management and teaches Project Management in the MBA – Master of Business Administration, and GEMBA – Global Executive Master of Business Administration programs. He is Faculty Member at SDA Bocconi Asia Center formerly MISB – Mumbai International School of Business, the Indian subsidiary of Bocconi University, and Visiting Professor at IHU – International Hellenic University, Greece. He is also a Contract Professor at Bocconi University and Milano Fashion Institute for the Project Management courses.
He was a speaker at the NASA Project Management Challenge 2007, 2008, and 2011, in the USA, and a speaker at the PMI Global European Congress, Italy, 2010.
He is Member of the Steering Committee of IPMA-Italy.
He is co-author and/or editor of 10 books on project management and 7 books on IT management. Among them: Empowering Project Teams. Using Project Followership to Improve Performance. CRC Press, 2014. Finally, he is the author of award-winning case studies and papers.
- Project Management
- Project Portfolio Management
- Project Followership
- Humor and Management
- Sampietro, Article series Proper Behaviors of Project Team Members, PM World Journal, 2016
- Sampietro, M. Villa, T. Empower Project Teams: Using Project Followership to Improve Performance. Foreword by Russell D. Archibald. CRC Press – Taylor Francis Group, 2014
- Sampietro, M. Use and Effect of Humor in International Teams: a Cross-Country Comparison. EGEA, 2014.
- Sampietro, M. Project managers: A team members’ perspective. PM World Journal, Vol. 4, Issue 7, 2015
- Sampietro, M. Project Followership: How Project Team Members Can Contribute to Project Success. PM World Journal, Vol. 3, Issue 10, 2014
- Sampietro, M. Critical Factors in IT Projects. The European Journal of the Informatics Professional, 9,2, 2008.
- Critical Factors in IT Projects. Upgrade, April 2008.