Prof. Ferdinando Pennarola
SDA Bocconi Professor of Organization and Human Resources Management
Director Global Executive MBA 2017-2018
Degree in Business Administration, Bocconi University, Milan
Ph.D. in Business Administration and Management, Bocconi University, Milan
FERDINANDO PENNAROLA, Italian, is Senior SDA Professor of Organization and Human Resource department at SDA Bocconi School of Management. Associate Professor of Organization and Management Information Systems, Bocconi University, faculty member of the international degree programs. Chairman of the Board of Directors of ISBM, London (International Schools of Business Management) established by Harvard University to offer globally the ITP (International Teachers Programme), since1971. Former Delegate Rector for E-Learning at Bocconi University from 2004 to 2012.
Expertise in the fields of change management, organizational design, innovation processes ICT mediated, management of professionals, responsible leadership, management consulting. He conducted several international change management workshops and projects with top executive teams with companies like: Ansaldo STS, Banca d’Italia, Baxter, Bracco, Danone, Eni, Finmeccanica, Glaxo SK, Helsinn, HP, IBM, Irisbus, Iveco, Mondadori, Novartis, Pfizer, Pirelli, Prysmian, Rcs, Sofidel, Saipem, Telecomitalia, Vodafone, Xerox, Whirlpool. His research appeared on top international journals like: Review of Managerial Science, Journal of Management Education, International Journal of Information Management, Information Systems and E-Business Management, and on books and chapters published by Pearson, Gower, Springer. Visiting appointments at University of Florida, London Business School, Insead, IAE Aix-en-Provence, HEC Jouy-en-Josas, Fudan University Shanghai, Keio University Tokyo and Stern School of Business at NYU.
- Change Management
- Diffusion and adoption of information technologies in organizations
- Economics and management of information systems and telecommunications
- Organization and management of high-tech service industries
- Organization and management of professional service firms
- Technology mediated learning
- M. Magni, F. Pennarola Responsible Leadership, Egea 2015
- L. Mola, F. Pennarola, S. Za (editors) From Information to Smart Society: Environment, Politics, and Economics, Lecture Notes in Information Systems and Organization 5, 2014, Springer International Publishing
- F. Pennarola, L. Caporarello, M. Magni, “All that glitters is not gold: alleged innovations in human computer interaction“ Information System, Management Organization and Control, 2014, Pages 179-190, Springer International Publishing.
- F. Pennarola, L. Caporarello, M. Magni, “Improving information exchange effectiveness through data compression techniques“ Information System, Management Organization and Control, 2014, Pages 229-241, Springer International Publishing
- F. Pennarola, L. Caporarello, “Enhanced class replay: will this turn into better learning?”, Cutting Edge Technologies in Higher Education, Volume 6, Issue, 2013, Pages 143-162, Emerald Group Publishing
- S. Basaglia, L. Caporarello, M. Magni, F. Pennarola “IT integration capability and team performance: the role of team climate”, International Journal of Information Management, Volume 30, Issue 6, December 2010, Pages 542-551
- F. Pennarola, L. Caporarello “High performance IT as a strategic partner for HR Management”, IT Outsourcing: concept, methodologies, tools and applications, Amant K., (editor) IGI Global Publishing, 2010.
- S. Basaglia, L. Caporarello, M. Magni, F. Pennarola “Environmental and organizational drivers influencing the adoption of VoIP”, Information Systems and e-Business Management, Volume 7, Issue 1, 2009, Pages 103-118
- S. Basaglia, L. Caporarello, M. Magni, F. Pennarola “Individual adoption of convergent mobile phone in Italy”, Review of Managerial Science, Volume 3, Issue 1, March 2009, Pages 1-18
- F. Pennarola, “Business Schools International Networks for Faculty Development” in Teaching and Learning at Business Schools: – Transforming the Delivery of Business Education edited by M. Bild, P. Mårtensson, K.Nilsson, Gower Publishing Ltd, UK, Gower, July 2008
- M. Magni, F. Pennarola “Intra-organizational relationships and technology acceptance”, International Journal of Information Management, Volume 28, Issue 6, December 2008, Pages 517-523
- F. Pennarola, L. Caporarello “Combining High Performance IT And Hr Management”, Encyclopedia of Human Resources and IT: Challenges in e-HRM, Torres (editor), IGI Global Publishing, May 2008
- Pennarola F. e Mundell B. “Shifting Paradigms In Management Education: What Happens When We Take Groups Seriously?”, in Journal of Management Education, 12, 1999, vol. 23 pag. 663-683, Sage.
- Pennarola F. e Mundell B. “The functioning of student hybrid virtual teams”, in Conference Material – Learning Challenges in the New Millennium, NYU-Stern e ISBM, Luglio 2001