Asia is acknowledged as one of the fastest growing economies and it is characterized by a rich cultural heritage. This represents a huge opportunity for the development of the social, economic and human capital.
The International Program in Arts Management (IPAM) is a specialized program designed for practitioners and students from all over the world with a specific interest in the Asian art and cultural environment but open to learning about the international best practices. IPAM aims to support artistic innovation and cultural development worldwide, by strengthening the leadership and management skills required for prospering in an arts organization through conceptual learning and practical exposure. IPAM is realized in collaboration with MMIAM, the Master in International Arts Management, in partnership with SMU and HEC Montréal
In Collaboration with:
- Starting May 03, 2022 | 6 weeks + 2 month Internship/ Secondment
- Get a Certificate from SDA Bocconi School of Management, Italy
- Learn from SDA Bocconi’s world class faculty as well as international renowned professionals and academics
- Get access to MMIAM Program with credits*
- Limited Scholarships and tuition waivers available on merit
- International exposure and stimulating study environment; 2 Countries : 6 Cities
- First-hand learning through interaction with the industry experts and professionals
Being arts manager nowadays means being able to relate to the hedonistic consumption and people’s emotional tastes, dealing with artists creativity and operating in a very peculiar market (audience and sponsors), very competitive and unstable.
Being an arts manager, therefore, requires developing a substantial amount of skills, resilience and the right balance of sense and sensibility in order to respect the ultimate goal of enjoying the artwork and creating pleasure to people, keeping in mind the framework of efficiency, effectiveness, and economy.
IPAM is the right choice for people with a strong passion for the arts, willing to gain managerial education and become an arts manager.
Director of International Program in Arts Management – IPAM
- Young high potentials, graduated in the humanities, already working in the field of arts with intermittent occupations.
- Working as Junior and middle positions in public sector organizations or consulting firms dedicated to the arts (I.e.: museums, theatres, festivals, art events organizers).
- Specialized professionals (e.g. artists) who want to take up management positions in the arts sector.
- Can be cultural entrepreneurs.
– Hampi – Benagluru
– Jaipur – New Delhi
For queries write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org | Contact +91 75063 11223
Sangita Jindal, Chairperson – JSW Foundation
“Arts and culture organizations are critical for the development of individuals and societies. It is of utmost importance to support the growth and sustainability of such organizations through skilled professionals, making sure that the effective conservation of heritage and production of art is paired with accessibility and outreach, to increase the their impact and enlarge their audiences. IPAM represents an opportunity for young professionals and cultural institutions to gain specific skills and competencies in the management of the arts.”
The Dr. Bhau Daji Lad Museum is the oldest museum in Mumbai. Since 2005, the Museum has revitalised the cultural outlook of the city. We are focused on cultural education and skill development, through our historical and contemporary exhibitions, programming, courses, workshops and internship opportunities. As a step further in this direction, we are happy to collaborate with the SDA Bocconi School of Management, Milan, for the International Programme in Arts Management. IPAM addresses an urgent need for training in this field in India, as a programme specially designed for Arts Management.
Tasneem Zakaria Mehta
Honorary Director and Managing Trustee, Dr. Bhau Daji Lad Museum